This section is empty.
Why Window Coverings
and Dressings Are
With all things in window decoration, nothing would be complete without curtains or possibly drapes, and blinds, or optionally shades. Windows will seem bare without any sort of decoration or covering. Window decorations are a good choice to fix just that. Mini, wooden, faux wood, and metal blinds. there are great choices to pick from. You can choose vertical and horizontal type blinds. Your windows will never have to be bare, unless of course you want them to be. And why would you want that?
- Wooden Blinds: A great choice for any home. These decorations are strong and durable and very light. A drawback is the price is on the high side, but if you can afford it, these are a great choice. Giving your home a more, "home like" feel.
- Plastic Blinds: A simple choice for most home owners, mini blinds are cheap choice can be broken with ease due to the plastic it is made of. These are seen a lot in modern homes.
- Faux Wood Blinds: or fake wood blinds, as I like to call them. These blinds are cheaper then wood blinds but lack a lot of things wood blinds have, such as durability. To make matters worse, these types of blinds are often heavy. These fake cheap wood blinds will work to help give your home style without the price tag of real wood blinds.
- Metal Blinds: These are blinds made of different metals, and are a great alternative to plastic mini blinds Ampthill. These help give a more modern, up to date feel, where the style is function without over the top flare, and that is a style all its own.
Horizontal or Vertical
Once you have picked the material, now you need to pick how the blinds should hang. Vertical or Horizontal are the two choices.
- Vertical: These have the slates hanging up to down, reaching all the way to the floor, great for sliding glass doors seen in hotels.
- Horizontal: These have the slates hanging left to right, stacked on top of each other, most windows use these types of blinds Flitwick.
Durability of Window Decoration
For window decoration, blinds come in many types of materials giving them wide ranges of durability. Plastic blinds, known as mini blinds have a very low durability. Faux wood blinds, or fake wooden blinds, have a slightly higher durability. Wooden blinds are very strong due to the fact wood is very durable making them some of the strongest there is. Metal are the strongest types of decoration in terms of durability, each metal is different, but they all sit on top of the durability scale.
Windows are the wall outlets that let light and wind enter a home. Hence, they are an essential ingredient of a home design. Their ideal location and length is an important facet of a home and a room. But the question placed here is, "Should they be covered, treated and decorated?" Of course, windows need to be covered and that too, beautifully. Just for a moment try to recall the last house you visited that had bare window blinds. Can't think of one? Why not try to imagine being entertained at a friend's place, but erase the curtains, rods or blinds from the room. Did this wild imagination make you feel welcome or uncomfortable?
A bare window makes a room feel incomplete. It does not allow a home dweller to feel secure. It gives everybody on the outside the opportunity to peep in. It definitely does not make a guest feel comfortable. A bare window is mostly a sign of an unkempt house or a home in which people have just moved in; or the stereotypical home of devil-may care bachelors sure of the fact that girlfriends and mothers will not visit them. It is obvious that a well-covered window keeps one's privacy intact, allows the building to control light and wind and is one of the most important factors that make a house feel like a home.
These are blinds made of different metals, and are a great alternative to plastic mini blinds Ampthill. These have the slates hanging left to right, stacked on top of each other, most windows use these types of blinds Flitwick.